Monday, December 26, 2005

converting avi's to vcd with tovid

Tried to make vcds first with mencoder. The documentation made it look easy enough. I used vcdimager to process the mpgs produced by mencoder to make bin and cue files. I burned it on CD, and unfortunately, my DVD player could not recognize it or play it at all!

That convinced me that VCD making was not as easy as the mplayer documentation made it to be. I needed a frontend. I tried out tovid. Then burned the VCD. The VCD played all right for the first several minutes, but then the video just stops dead, and all i get is audio!

Urgh, tovid still isn't perfect, but i'll keep an eye on its development.

I think i go back to trying linux video maker. Although still alpha, i remember trying it and it produced workable VCDs.

No comments: